Witchcraft Journal Blog

A resource for information and opinions on the beliefs, practices, customs, and magic of Traditional Witchcraft of the British Isles.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Censer & Incense

The censer or thurible is a container or stand for burning incense. On an alter, any form of incense may be used, including stick, cone, or pebble.

If you use cone incense, the censer may become very hot, so a potholder (thoughtfully placed near the cone censer) would be convenient.

Pebble incense is lit and burned with the use of a special charcoal made for burning incense. In my opinion, pebble incense is best used out of doors, as the fragrance can get (shall we say) pungent, and the thing can even become smoky.

Some folks who use pebble incense will say they very much prefer it, and say it with a straight face. If you do try to use pebble incense and charcoal indoors, know that opening the windows does not effect the compass (circle).

Personally, I use stick incense only.


technorati tags:, ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your incantation it has really helped me. I am in an incredible battle with a spirit that seems to have unbelieveable ill will with incredible intensity towards myself and is intent on attacking only me with every last bit of will power it has left. He is very old. I repeat your written words 3 times a night and it seems to really upset said spirit. I can only describe the after effect as a silence of sorts. I am only a beginner but I would best describe myself as a lone white warlock (if there is such a thing). Please, I could really use some support on this, I have been on the receiving end of a psychic beating for the better part of my life (I moved back into the house I grew up in and discovered I can fight back against the wickedness that is present here - although my childhood was great, there is something evil here.)

Any Ideas on how to permanently remove a tormented and depraved soul from a location that is linked to a place I love?

Thanks.

Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home